UNI is a Flexible Air Barrier (FAB®) System that allows work to continue on the inside of the building without waiting for the
cladding to be complete. This is due to UNI’s unique reinforcing and waterproof features.
• UNI is a non-woven breathable synthetic Flexible Air Barrier, reinforced by a fibreglass scrim.
• UNI is highly water resistant and designed to provide temporary protection from weather conditions and UV exposure to timber framing without the installation of the cladding, which allows for the continuation of internal work on the house for 90 days after installation.
• UNI has passed a water head test at 150mm at 48 hours! vs normal building wraps which are tested to a 20mm head of water at 24 hours.
The following tests have been carried out in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Table 23:
• Tensile strength, edge tear resistance with AS/NZS 4200:2017;
• Resistance to water vapour transmission in accordance with ASTM E96;
• Resistance to water penetration in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.4:1994;
• Surface water absorbency in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.6:1994;
• Air resistance to BS 6538.3:1987;
• Shrinkage in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.3:1994;
• pH of extract in accordance with AS/NZS 1301.421s:1998;
• Beal weathertightness test 112 a modification from AS/NZS 4284:2008 and E2/VM1.
In Wall Applications
1. UNI Flexible Air Barrier is designed for use under direct fixed and non-direct fixed wall cladding on timber framed and steel framed buildings.
2. Uni is manufactured from high quality synthetic spun bonded material with high UV qualities and waterproofing qualities.
SIZE: 2.74 x 18M 50Msq
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our mailing list to receive new product alerts, special offers, and coupon codes.